When talking self care, one of my most loved feelings is having fresh, cleansed, plump, hydrated skin. It not only feels great, but it is good for your overall skin health and that is why today’s topic will be skincare, in particular, ‘my skincare/ morning skin prep routine’ perfect for everyday hydration and prior to makeup application. If you’ve read or watched my previous blog/vlog ‘my 10 min everyday makeup routine’, you will know how important it is to have a good skincare routine prior to makeup application, as it plays a big part in your overall finished look, feel and quality.
After my last makeup blog, I got lots of questions and requests for more detail on my skincare:
- How I came to perfect my skincare routine
- My Skin Type
- What I look for in skincare products
- My Routine and what products I use
- Discounts on these amazing products
How I came to perfect my skincare routine: It didn’t happen overnight where woke up one day knowing what was best for my skin. It wasn’t until I worked in an all-natural and eco, clean, green beauty store that I really nailed my routine. There was a lot of trialling products, so I got to play with and find my favourites. I was fortunate to get lots of product training and learned a lot about: different ingredients and skin types, when and why to apply products, and about many natural and organic Aussie brands.
My Skin Type: I have sensitive, combination-oily skin. For years my biggest struggle has always been inflamed, on and off again acne. Hormones can play a big part in your skin, especially when you’ve gone on and off the pill. Your skin can go through some pretty wild changes and I experienced this firsthand. This routine I have perfected for my skin has helped keep my skin hydrated, look more plump and youthful, calmed inflamed and angry acne and had me feeling glowing and amazing.
It is important to take your skin type into account because everyone is different. What works for me, might not be exactly what is going to work for you. However If your wanting to freshen up or try a new routine, I suggest give this a go as it is great for most skin types.
What I look for in Skincare Products: I am and will always use natural skincare. The brands I use are Australian, botanical, luxury, natural, vegan, cruelty free, pregnancy safe, gluten free, toxic free and contain organic ingredients. It’s important to remember our skin is our largest organ and can absorb around 60-70% of what you put on it, so we must always read ingredients and labels to avoid being mislead by marketing.
1. Cleanser: Edible Beauty No.1 Belle Frais Cleansing Milk I love to use Australian Naturopath ‘Anna Mitosis’ Brand ‘Edible Beauty’ No.1 Belle Frais Cleansing Milk. It is super soft and creamy, gentle on the skin and helps balance the skins oil production. It gives you a thorough hydrating cleanse, even removing eye makeup without stripping and leaving the skin dry. Cleansing the skin at the end of the day it is crucial, to make sure you wash off makeup, dirt, excess oil, and other environmental pollutants. However, in the mornings I like to just wash my face with warm water after a goodnights sleep as my skin has balanced itself out and absorbed all the amazing products I put on at night. If you’d like to read more on this hydrating cleanser: https://ediblebeautyaustralia.com/collections/natural-cleanser-toners/products/no-1-belle-frais-cleansing-milk
2. Toner: Kylie’s Professional’s –‘Goddessey Skin Nutrition’ Beauty Tonic For my Toner I just adore Australian brand Kylie’s Professional newest skincare line ‘Goddessey Skin Nutrition’ Beauty Tonic. I love this Tonic as it is so versatile; it can be used as a toner, setting spray and can also be used as a mixing medium with makeup all in one. I use it as my daily toner after cleansing as it’s important to bring skin back to a perfect PH level, so it’s ready to absorb all the beautiful skincare that comes next. It’s great because it’s full of nutrient dense, skin regenerating ingredients and it also has a beautiful rose smell I love and find super refreshing! If you’d like to read more on this multipurpose toner: https://kylies.com.au/collections/skincare/products/beauty-tonic
3. Water Based Serums: Edible Beauty’s No.3 Exotic Goddess Ageless Serum & Probiotic Radiance Tonic you’ve sprit-zed your toner so now let’s talk serums. They are vital in your skincare routine and known for their smaller molecular structure. This means they are able to penetrate deeper into the skin and work their magic from within. A good serum will always be highly concentrated, full of active ingredients, thus making them one of your more expensive steps in your routine but one of the most effective.
I have a couple favourites here, both from ‘Edible Beauty’ Range, first the ‘No.3 Exotic Goddess Ageless Serum’ as it’s packed full of Hyaluronic acid, acerola berry and Kakadu plum to name a few of its active nourishing ingredients. Hylauronic acid holds a thousand times it weight in water making it super hydrating, acerola berry is a potent antioxidant and Kakadu plum is a rich form of vitamin C.
Secondly the ‘Probiotic Radiance Tonic’ is incredible if you have acne prone skin like me. This topical probiotic rich serum helps strengthen and restore your skins micro biome making it more resilient to breakouts. It also contains birch leaf which helps calm inflamed and irritated skin. I alternate these beautiful serums and sometimes double up and apply both! Just depending on how my skin is feeling. To read more in depth on both, here are links for each: No.3 Ageless Goddess Serum: https://ediblebeautyaustralia.com/collections/natural-serums/products/no-3-exotic-goddess-ageless-serum Probiotic Radiance Booster: https://ediblebeautyaustralia.com/collections/natural-serums/products/probiotic-radiance-tonic-clear-restore?variant=15107117908079
4. Water Based Face/Eye Serum: Kylie’s Professional- ‘Goddessey Skin Nutrition’ Kakadu Plum Extract This is another multipurpose favourite of mine, ‘Goddessey Skin Nutrition’s’ highly concentrated ‘Kakadu Plum Extract’. I use this as my daily eye serum; however it can be used as another option for a serum all over the face (it’s another I alternate in my routine). This rich potent Kakadu Plum is carefully extracted from the Australian Native Kakadu Plant. It’s known for being the richest form of vitamin C available in skincare today. Vitamin C is a crucial element for our skin to prevent signs of ageing, wrinkles, acne, pigmentation and dry and dehydrated skin.
Read more on this power house extract: https://kylies.com.au/collections/skincare/products/kakadu-plum-extract
5. Facial Oil: Kylie’s Professional- ‘Goddessey Skin Nutrition’ Beauty Serum Apply post serums and pre moisturizer. This facial oil ‘Beauty Serum’ by ‘Goddessey Skin Nutrition’ is the ultimate game changer. Good facial oil like this one will have a small molecular structure to penetrate deeply into your skin. With this oil blend being high in multiple vitamins, minerals and essentials omegas, your skin will thank you for this nourishing cocktail. I love how this oil is anti ageing, rejuvenating, helps promote collagen production, is anti inflammatory, balances oil production and much more! I find this oil great because it is so concentrated, nourishing, rich and strong but doesn’t leave a heavy oily finish on top of the skin, making it suitable for everyday under makeup.
To read on about this game changing oil head to: https://kylies.com.au/collections/skincare/products/beauty-serum
6. Moisturiser Edible Beauty ‘No.4 Vanilla Silk Hydrating Lotion’ Silk is in the name and its true, this vanilla moisturiser is so silky, it glides on and feels and smells amazing! The ‘Edible Beauty’ No.4 Vanilla Silk Hydrating Lotion is the perfect final step in my routine. I love that this is a lightweight but nourishing moisturiser containing a beautiful natural ingredient list. Its super hydrating for the skin and works wonders locking in all the fantastic products you have just applied. A fun key ingredient in this moisturiser I’d like to highlight is the Australian Rosella Extract. This plant extract is known for its ‘natural Botox’ like effect on the skin. This natural Botox effect comes from Rosellas natural source of AHAs. These AHAs help the skins natural cell turnover to promote a fresher more youthful, plump appearance. If you’re wondering what AHA stands for its ‘alpha hydroxy acids’, which are naturally occurring in certain plant based ingredients and extracts.
To read further into this silky goodness follow this link: https://ediblebeautyaustralia.com/collections/natural-moisturisers/products/no-4-vanilla-silk-hydrating-lotion
I hope my skincare/skin prep routine and what products I recommend has helped you or even inspired you to give it a try. I love that all the products I use are all Australian, natural, vegan, cruelty free, gluten free, toxic free, pregnancy safe and suitable for all skin types but also that they helped me clear up my acne prone skin.
If you'd like you can also check out my Youtube Vlog here:
Discount!? Yes Please! If you would like to try the skincare products I love and use every day, both brands have kindly given me a 20 discount code to share with you, so you can trial and purchase their products and save!